Open Your Heart (OYH) to the Hungry and Homeless will match a portion of all financial gifts at PROP Food Shelf during July.
PROP’s goal is to raise $50,000 toward this matching opportunity. The match is part of an annual food shelf grant challenge to help food shelves during their time of greatest need when giving can be at its lowest.
This summer, PROP reports seeing more families with children coming to the food shelf. Between kids being home from school and more families experiencing economic hardship due to inflation, soaring food and gas prices, and the impacts of expiring COVID-19 pandemic relief programs, PROP continues to see a greater level of need.
According to PROP, this is what an Open Your Heart July gift will do:
- $50: Feeds a family of four for a day.
- $100: Gives a child a scholarship to participate in an enrichment activity like camp or swim lessons.
- $250: Provides gas cards for 10 clients to attend job interviews.
- $1,000: Sponsors an entire day at the food shelf, so everyone has food.
- $1,500: Keeps a family from becoming homeless through eviction and remain stably housed.
Donations to PROP Food Shelf can be made online at www.propfood.org or mailed to PROP at 14700 Martin Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344. For more information, call 952-937-9120.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.