Weekend Food for Kids Distribution
FREE for Eden Prairie Schools Families * Anonymous * NO Registration REQUIRED
Volunteers are needed to distribute the bags on Thursdays. Please contact Olivia at Olivia_Antilla@edenpr.k12.mn.us or 952-975-6968
All Eden Prairie Schools families (including TASSEL) are welcome to pick up Weekend Food for Kids bags (one per child) from Every Meal, a local non-profit fighting child hunger. Food packs include non-perishable meal ingredients or ready-to-eat food items.
All food bag types contain 4-5 pounds of nutritious, non-perishable food – including a variety of canned fruits, vegetables, proteins, grains, and soups/entrees. Families may choose from five food bag options that are tailored and identified by different colors of the Every Meal apple icon:
- Blue Bag: Tailored for East African dietary preferences (NO pork)
- Orange Bag: Tailored for Latino dietary preferences
- Purple Bag: Tailored for Southeast Asian dietary preferences
- Yellow Bag: Ready-to-eat items requiring little or no preparation
- Green Bag: Widest variety of food items (not intended to serve any specific dietary preferences)
Thursday evenings from 4:00-6:00 PM
Food bags will NOT be distributed November 24 (Thanksgiving), November 25, December 29, December 30, March 23 and March 24. Extra food bags will be distributed the week before a non-distribution week.
Outside Door 4 of the Historic Gym at 8100 School Road (drive-up model)
FREE for all Eden Prairie Schools families, including TASSEL students.
Food is available to every child regardless of income or
participation in other food programs.
No registration required.