Eden Prairie Schools is offering free school supplies to families experiencing financial hardship who may need extra support.
The Back to School Supplies Program exists to make sure each student has the supplies they need to be successful in the upcoming school year.
Supplies are available for any Eden Prairie Schools student whose family is experiencing financial stress. No questions or names are asked, no registration is needed, and no income verification is needed.
Supplies, including backpacks, will be available during Back-to-School Open House Nights at the end of August. No advance registration is needed. Families or students can ask for the School Supplies Program or to speak with the school social worker.
Open house nights for elementary schools:
- EP Online: Friday, Aug. 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cedar Ridge: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Prairie View: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Forest Hills: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Eden Lake: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Oak Point: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Eagle Heights: Thursday, Aug. 31, 4 to 6 p.m.
Open house nights for Central Middle School (school store):
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 4 to 6 p.m. (7th grade)
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 6 to 8 p.m. (8th grade)
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 4 to 6 p.m. (6th grade)
Open house nights for Eden Prairie High School (Test Center/Ace Room #236):
- Thursday, Aug. 24, noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 28, 3 to 7 p.m.
The School Supplies Program is an ongoing initiative to ensure student success, so the program is not just for the start of school. Students can access more school supplies as needed throughout the year by talking to their school’s social worker.
Click here to view more information in English, Somali, and Spanish.
Program funded by community donations
The program is made possible thanks to donations from the following Eden Prairie churches who have chosen to “Adopt a School” this 2023-24 school year:
- Wooddale Church (CMS & Eden Lake).
- Immanuel Lutheran Church (Prairie View).
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church (Forest Hills).
- Westwood Community Church (Oak Point).
- Grace Church (Cedar Ridge).
The program is also supported by generous donations from Scheels, the Eden Prairie Community Foundation, PROP, Eden Prairie Schools, multiple community businesses and individual donors, and other churches.
For general questions regarding the supplies program, contact Reta Johnson at Reta_johnson@edenpr.org or 952-975-7030.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.