Eden Prairie High School (EPHS) seniors are wrapping up their high school careers with some impressive awards.
National Merit Finalists
Fourteen EPHS seniors have been named National Merit Finalists. Several of these students have been awarded scholarships through the National Merit Scholarship Program, and additional award offers may be made in June.
The EPHS National Merit Finalists are:
- Maanav Basnet – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Srijani Datta – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Amelia Dewberry – National Merit Gustavus Adolphus College Scholarship.
- Avik Garg.
- Aniketh Hanagavadi – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Adhiraiyan Kartheesan – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Hinano Kazama – National Merit Scholarship.
- Aditya Kshirsagar – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Shruthi Kundoor.
- Madison Lin.
- Erik Lundeen – National Merit University of Oklahoma Scholarship.
- Suchita Sah – National Merit University of Minnesota Scholarship.
- Darren Tanubrata.
- Vivian Wang – National Merit Scholarship.
Seniors Lucas Wagner and Mohit Agarwal have been named Coca-Cola Scholars. Each year, Coca-Cola honors 150 young people making positive changes in their communities and worldwide. Agarwal and Wagner will each receive a $20,000 college scholarship to pursue further education at Stanford and Duke universities, respectively. Wagner was also selected to be a Robertson Scholar at Duke.
Science Olympiad Fellowship
Senior Shravani “Sani” Deshmukh has received one of five $10,000 Science Olympiad Founder Scholarships. Next year, she plans to pursue a Computer Science and Aerospace major at Caltech.
EPHS Student Activities awards
The EPHS Activities office has awarded the following honors to students who not only excel at academics, but are also committed athletes, performers, and activity leaders.
- Academics, Arts and Athletics (AAA) Award, recognizing one male and one female senior who have a 3.0 or higher grade point average and who participate in League-sponsored athletic and fine arts activities: Caleb Lainhart and Kari Welter.
- Athena Award, honoring an outstanding female senior in activities and academics: Annika Anderson.
- Conley Engstrom Award, recognizing the senior who best exemplifies Conley’s sincere interest and enthusiasm for Eden Prairie athletics: Sofia Pardo Martinez.
- MUSE Award, recognizing the seniors who best exemplify sincere interest, leadership skills and broad involvement for the betterment of the Fine Arts program at Eden Prairie High School: Mary Wolberg and Nathan Anderson.
- Scott Rynski Memorial Award, recognizing an outstanding senior male athlete: Lucas “Luke” Logue.
- Steve Schultz Lauren Scholar award, given to seniors who best combine scholastic achievement with athletic/activity participation: Annika Anderson, Sarah Cornelius, Amelia Dewberry, Jackson Kohls, Tyler Little, Shreya Saini, Claire Sprute, Lauryn Unke, Anna Venturi, Kylie Bamlett, Maggie Lobsinger, Madison Lin, Devin Jordan, Brinley Hopper, Isabella Nelson, Adam Mertens, Maya Bond, Kahlen Ruzek.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.