Reservations are currently being taken for the May round of this year’s Green Line Extension LRT construction site walking tours. The tours will be led by knowledgeable project office staff.
Each walk is limited to 20 people.
The free guided tours will visit one or more construction sites. Safety vests and hard hats will be provided. Although additional walks are planned throughout the summer, EPLN recommends registering for the May walks as soon as possible. They tend to fill up fast.
For additional information, contact: James.Mockovciak@metrotransit.org
Registration includes an agreement to a number of conditions. Click here to sign up for one or more of the following tours.
Eden Prairie, Minnetonka and Hopkins tours
- Shady Oak Station area and the Minnetonka-Hopkins LRT bridge (Hopkins): Saturday, May 13, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- SouthWest Station/Prairie Center Drive LRT bridge (Eden Prairie): Saturday, May 20, 10 a.m.-noon.
- The “Bridges and Walls” tour near Smetana and Feltl roads (Minnetonka): Saturday, May 20, 1-3 p.m.
St. Louis Park and Minneapolis tours
- Kenilworth LRT tunnel/Cedar Lake Parkway (Minneapolis): Tuesday, May 16, 10-11:15 a.m.
- Louisiana Station area and Southerly Connector Freight Rail Bridge (St. Louis Park): Thursday, May 18, 12:30-2 p.m.
- Kenilworth LRT tunnel/Cedar Lake Parkway (Minneapolis): Friday, May 19, noon-1:15 p.m.
Editor’s note: The Kenilworth LRT site tours will NOT go into the tunnel. Both tours cover the same material.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.