Eden Prairie Schools K-12 and TASSEL students will move to e-learning on Wednesday, Feb. 22 and Thursday, Feb. 23, instead of in-person school, due to winter weather. EP Online will continue as normal.
All regularly scheduled events, athletics, and activities on Tuesday, Feb. 21, will continue as normal, EP Schools said in an email to families Tuesday afternoon.
The following programs are continuing Wednesday, Feb. 22, and Thursday, Feb. 23:
- In-person school for grades K-12 and TASSEL, moving to e-learning with a 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. school day.
- EP Online, regular school day.
- Family School, moving virtual (watch for communication from teachers).
The following programs are closed or canceled on both Wednesday and Thursday:
- Little Eagles Preschool.
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes.
- Targeted services.
- Before-school activities.
- School events.
- District events (except Strategic Plan World Café).
- Activities buses.
- All Eagle Zone childcare.
- All EPIC programming.
- Community Education classes.
- Facilities rentals.
The following programs are to be determined for Wednesday and Thursday:
- Athletics and after-school activities will be at the discretion of coaches and advisors.
The following programs are continuing Thursday:
- CMS conferences, moving virtual (watch for additional information from the school).
- Strategic Plan Community World Café, moving virtual instead of in-person (click here to join at 5 p.m. on Thursday)— interpretation in Spanish and Somali provided.
The Administrative Services in-person building hours will temporarily change to 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday to align with e-learning hours and assist with snow removal.
Every Meal Weekend Food for Kids bags will be available Tuesday night (4-6 p.m.) and Friday morning (8-10 a.m.):
- Grab and go, self-serve model — enter Door 4 of the Historic Gym at the district offices (8100 School Road) to grab and go from inside the lobby.
- NOTE: There will be no Thursday evening distribution.
- All district families are welcome to pick up this food (one bag per student, please). No registration or verification of any kind is required.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.