The City of Eden Prairie has declared a Snow Emergency effective Dec. 21–22.
Do not park on city streets until noon, Thursday, Dec. 22. Crews will begin curb-to-curb cleanup at 3 a.m. Thursday.
The city offered these reminders:
- Place trash containers behind the curb line, not in the street.
- Remove basketball hoops, landscaping and any other objects from the street and the right-of-way, which extends 10 to 15 feet beyond the curb.
- Shovel around fire hydrants and mailboxes and clear nearby sidewalks.
- It is illegal to deposit snow from your property on the road.
- Make sure your mailbox is installed according to USPS guidelines and is study enough to withstand the force of snow from a plow.
Comments aren’t allowed on our site, but we do offer several ways to provide feedback, and have your voice heard. If you believe the story has an error, or would like to get in touch with the author, please contact us. If you would like to respond directly to this article, we welcome and encourage Letters To the Editor. You can find details on how to submit a letter on our contact page.