Weather permitting, the Metro Green Line Extension Project anticipates the following new but short-term closures on Monday, May 9, and Tuesday, May 10.
- Lane closures on Flying Cloud Drive to complete repair work on the bridge deck over Interstate 494.
- A lane closure on westbound Highway 62 is anticipated to occur on May 9 for grading activities adjacent to the highway.
- The closure of the Highway 212 eastbound on-ramp from Shady Oak Road. Crews are slated to complete painting the light rail bridge over the ramp.
- The entrance ramp from Valley View Road to eastbound Hwy. 212 is closed for grading and utility work through mid-June.
- The westbound Hwy. 212 off-ramp to Shady Oak Road is closed until further notice.
- West 70th Street is closed until early or mid-summer to complete work associated with the Golden Triangle Station, a crossing and tracks. See Eden Prairie detour maps.
Send your questions and comments to:
1) Green Line Extension Outreach Coordinator James Mockovciak: James.Mockovciak@metrotransit.org.
2) 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 612-373-3933.
3) Metro Green Line Extension website.
Editors note: Writer Jeff Strate serves on EPLN’s Board of Directors. From February 2015 through February 2017, Jeff served on the SWLRT Community Advisory Committee as an at-large member.