Weather permitting, the Metro Green Line Extension Project anticipates the following new but short-term closures on Monday, May 9, and Tuesday, May 10.
- Lane closures on Flying Cloud Drive to complete repair work on the bridge deck over Interstate 494.
- A lane closure on westbound Highway 62 is anticipated to occur on May 9 for grading activities adjacent to the highway.
- The closure of the Highway 212 eastbound on-ramp from Shady Oak Road. Crews are slated to complete painting the light rail bridge over the ramp.
- The entrance ramp from Valley View Road to eastbound Hwy. 212 is closed for grading and utility work through mid-June.
- The westbound Hwy. 212 off-ramp to Shady Oak Road is closed until further notice.
- West 70th Street is closed until early or mid-summer to complete work associated with the Golden Triangle Station, a crossing and tracks. See Eden Prairie detour maps.
Send your questions and comments to:
1) Green Line Extension Outreach Coordinator James Mockovciak: James.Mockovciak@metrotransit.org.
2) 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 612-373-3933.
3) Metro Green Line Extension website.
Editors note: Writer Jeff Strate serves on EPLN’s Board of Directors. From February 2015 through February 2017, Jeff served on the SWLRT Community Advisory Committee as an at-large member.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.