Though most of the heavy construction on the METRO Green Line Extension portion in Eden Prairie has been complete, motorists can still expect a few traffic disruptions.
An April 29 project bulletin listed where light rail construction will impact traffic along the route in Eden Prairie.
- Crews will be pouring concrete for the upcoming LRT bridge over Nine Mile Creek. That will cause delays for motorists traveling along Flying Cloud Drive between Shady Oak and Valley View roads. Flaggers will be on-site to direct traffic.
- Expect outside shoulder closures on westbound Highway 62 near Shady Oak Road for the next week.
- The entrance ramp remains closed from Valley View Road to eastbound Highway 212 for grading and utility work. Work is expected to finish in mid-June.
- The westbound Highway 212 off-ramp to Shady Oak Road has closed until further notice.
- West 70th Street is closed until early to mid-summer.
Detour maps are available.
Work continues along the 14.5-mile extension, stretching from Minneapolis to Eden Prairie. The Kenilworth LRT tunnel concrete pour in Minneapolis is scheduled for Wednesday, May 4.
Comments aren’t allowed on our site, but we do offer several ways to provide feedback, and have your voice heard. If you believe the story has an error, or would like to get in touch with the author, please contact us. If you would like to respond directly to this article, we welcome and encourage Letters To the Editor. You can find details on how to submit a letter on our contact page.