Five candidates are on the ballot for a special election to fill two open school board seats Nov. 2. Polls are open on election day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In-person absentee voting ends at 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 1. Absentee voting is at the Administrative Services Center, 8100 School Road.
Five polling places will be used in Eden Prairie and Bloomington for the special election, including four that combine precincts.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, 16515 Luther Way (Precincts 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6; and Chanhassen Precinct 1)
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 13600 Technology Drive (Precincts 4, 7, 8, 11 and 12, and the City of Edina, Precincts 10C and 19C)
- Prairie Lutheran Church, 11000 Blossom Road (Precincts 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17)
- Grace Church, Pioneer Trail and Spring Road (Precincts 9, 10, 18, 19A and 19B)
- City of Bloomington voters will vote in their regular polling place where elections will be held in conjunction with municipal elections.
The school board will canvas voting results at a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 8.
The seat up for election opened when Veronica Stoltz resigned in May 2021. The winner of the special election will fill her seat until January 2023.
Board member Beth Fletcher resigned her seat in September, opening another seat. Because the resignation came too late to include it on the Nov. 2 special election ballot, the board considered several options on how to fill that seat.
At its Sept. 27 meeting the board voted to appoint the second highest vote getter in the special election to fill Fletcher’s seat. That seat comes up for election in November 2024.
Voters will cast their ballot for one candidate only. The candidate receiving the most votes on Nov. 2 will be seated immediately. The appointed candidate will be seated at the board’s Dec. 13 meeting, according to the board’s work plan.
For election information, contact Laurie Hemstock at Laurie_Hemstock@edenpr.k12.mn.us, or call 952-975-7072.
We offer several ways for our readers to provide feedback. Your comments are welcome on our social media posts (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn). We also encourage Letters to the Editor; submission guidelines can be found on our Contact Us page. If you believe this story has an error or you would like to get in touch with the author, please connect with us.