Anyone interested in running in the special election for an open seat on the Eden Prairie School Board can file for the Tuesday, Nov. 2 special election beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 27.
Filings close at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 10.
Qualified applicants must:
– be 21 years old by Nov. 2
– have been a resident of the district for 30 days before the special election
– and have filed for no other offices in the same special election (there aren’t any)
Affidavits of candidacy must be filed in the office of the school district clerk. You might want to stop by the bank before heading to the district office at 8100 School Road to file your candidacy – the application fee is $2.
There will be five polling places in Eden Prairie and Bloomington for the election, including four that combine precincts.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, 16515 Luther Way (Precincts 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6; and Chanhassen Precinct 1)
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 13600 Technology Drive (Precincts 4, 7, 8, 11 and 12, and the City of Edina, Precincts 10C and 19C)
- Prairie Lutheran Church, 11000 Blossom Road (Precincts 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17)
- Grace Church, Pioneer Trail and Spring Road (Precincts 9, 10, 18, 19A and 19B)
- City of Bloomington voters will vote in their regular polling place where elections will be held in conjunction with municipal elections.
The special election is to fill the vacant seat of Veronica Stoltz, who resigned from the board at the end of May. Her term ends in January 2023.