The City of Eden Prairie has declared a snow event. The snow event pertains to streets and sidewalks for today, Wednesday December 23, and Thursday, December 24.
The announcement was prompted by a warning from the National Weather Service in Chanhassen for much of western Minnesota that includes the west metro and Eden Prairie for December 23 and 24:
“An arctic cold front and strong northwest winds gusting to 50-60 mph will bring a sharp drop in temperatures to the single digits by Wednesday evening. Snow accumulations will reach 3-6″ area-wide with a heavier band of 6-9″ likely along I-35. Whiteout and blizzard conditions expected west of Mille Lacs Lake to Waseca, including the western Twin Cities Metro.”
The City’s emergency street parking restrictions kick in as soon as two inches of snow have fallen.
- Once the Snow Emergency begins, do not park on City streets until noon Dec. 24.
- Crews will work to maintain safe and passable roadways and perform a full curb-to-curb cleanup beginning at 3 a.m.
- Place trash containers behind the curb line, not in the street.
- Remove basketball hoops and any other objects from the street.
- Help by shoveling around fire hydrants and mailboxes, and clearing nearby sidewalks.
- It is illegal to place snow from your property onto the public roadway.