EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (November 16, 2020) – The Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools (FEPS) Board of Directors announces its Annual Appeal Matching Gift Challenge. Now through December 31, 2020, supporters have the opportunity to double their donation. This special fundraising campaign is led by FEPS’ 15-member volunteer Board of Directors, who will match donations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $10,350.
According to Board President, Suzanne Kutina, “This is the first time our Board has challenged the community to make a personally impactful charitable contribution and match our giving. It is also the most money our Board of Directors has ever collectively pledged to the FEPS organization.” The goal for this year’s Annual Appeal has been set at $25,000.
“Our students are our future and legacy, and they need our help more than ever,” Dr. Lisa Sisinni, FEPS Executive Director said. “Right now, every dollar we can take in and turn around and put back into our district is critical.”
In March, FEPS created a $25,000 Covid-19 Relief Fund to assist the Eden Prairie School District. The Covid-19 Relief Fund has worked to meet the most basic needs of our students and their families through food distribution, tele-mental health, and educational enrichment programs – programs that have seen a huge uptick in funding requests.
FEPS can support its Community Partnership Grants, Teacher and Staff Grants, College Scholarships and so much more, because of its generous donors. Longtime FEPS donor, Jeff Prouty, Prouty Project, shares “We had a great experience in Eden Prairie Schools with stellar teachers and visionary leadership. I love Eden Prairie and have a lot of respect for FEPS. And, if I have a dollar to invest, I want to invest in our kids. They are our future!”
Former FEPS board member and donor Renee Rushdy and her husband Jamal are inspired to donate to FEPS because “We appreciate that our donation directly impacts children in our community. Many FEPS grants fund new ideas that are implemented in district classrooms to determine if they should be used more widely throughout a grade or entire school.”
If you’re feeling inspired, and want to see your generosity doubled, FEPS has set up a number of ways for individuals and corporations to contribute during this Matching Gift Challenge:
- Donate on the FEPS website
- Mail your donation to Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools, 8100 School Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Participate in Give to the Max Day on Monday, November 16, and choose Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools to receive your donation
- Businesses and corporations can contact FEPS to learn about becoming a FEPS Mission Sponsor. Contact (Email Lsisinni@foundationforepschools.org)
- Choose FEPS as your charitable organization on the GiveMN website
- Individuals can ask their employers if they have a program set up for paycheck deductions and/or matching donations to FEPS